Saturday, September 3, 2022

What I did this Summer by Teresa Inge

Summer is my favorite season hands-down. As a kid, I always looked forward to summer break, and this year was no different.  

Summer Kick-off

My favorite season started with a poolside cookout with my husband, daughters, and dogs Cool Hand Luke, a Shepherd Lab mix, and Lena, a Shepherd Husky mix. After the cookout, most of our dinners were spent by the pool this summer.

Summer Happenings

With this being my favorite time, my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary since we were married the day after the first day of summer. We then moved my just retired brother and his wife to Danville, Virginia during the heatwave and later cleaned out the messy room over my garage. Oh my! A fun time was back while winning a trophy for my 1955 Thunderbird at a car show and cruising the Elizabeth River in my daughter’s boat.

Riding the Waves

Next came our annual visit to the Outerbanks waterpark to ride waterslides and float on the lazy river with my siblings and family. Since I have several siblings, we rent the same large cabana each year in the park. We also purchase BOGO tickets in February for this annual July 4 get-together.

Birthday Celebrations

Around this time came birthday celebrations for my daughters, granddaughter, sister, and flowers for my mother’s grave on her birthday. P.S. I’ve always wished for a summer birthday like my family's instead of cold January. The celebrations included seeing the Elvis Presley movie at Cinema Café, steaks and wine at Steinhilber's, a historic Virginia Beach restaurant, and brunch at the award-winning Redhead Bay Café with the most delicious French Toast I’ve ever tasted. Yum!

Festivals

Since summer brings outdoor festivals, I signed books at the stunning Rosemont Winery Arts Festival, the First Friday Visual Arts Fest, and Book Exchange, and was a featured author in the Slover Library Author’s Fair. I also took over a cozy mystery writers’ group on social media to promote my books and meet new readers.

RVing

Even with these activities, I managed to squeeze in a ten-day RV trip with my husband and dogs. In Nashville, we visited The Stage, Jason Aldean’s rooftop bar, and met George Jones’ guitar player who’d played with him for thirty years, including the “No Show Jones,” years. After that, we showed our 1963 Chevy Nova wagon at the Louisville car show. I also finished writing a new book while traveling in the RV!

Daytime Situation

Professionally, I reached twenty-six years with a financial firm, coordinated a Junior Achievement Bowl-a-thon, and received the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP), a top credential in a profession that I’ve worked in most of my adult life.  

As summer comes to an end, I exhale just thinking about what I did this summer. So, here's a toast to my new favorite Vanderpump Rose wine discovered during my summer travels! Cheers! 

What did you do this summer?


Visit Teresa Inge at www.teresainge.com 

8 comments:

Kim Thorn said...

Wow Teresa! You were a busy lady this summer! And it sounds like you also had a fun filled summer! That’s awesome. You had some major achievements and I’m so proud of you and happy for you! I can’t wait to get my hands on your new book! You forgot one thing though. You also went to your first Hampton roads writers social!

Teresa Inge said...

That’s right! I attended the first Hampton Roads writers social which was a lot of fun! I hope you all do another one! Thanks!

Michael Rigg said...

Wow! I'm exhausted just reading about what all you did and accomplished this summer. I can understand why this is your favorite season of all!

Teresa Inge said...

I know!

Max Jason Peterson said...

I just love your summer! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I loved this glimpse of your life & the chance to share in the fun & festivities :)

Anonymous said...

You are a Renaissance Woman, Teresa! I'm so happy to get to know you better through your blog. I really appreciate all you do in the Koehler Authors Forum.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

Teresa Inge said...

Thank you!!

Mystery Authors' Pets by Catty Doggens, Guest Bloogger

  James Patterson's cat Many of our favorite mysteries include pets, and in homage to May being National Pet Month, here are some myster...