Saturday, September 12, 2026

AUTUMN BUCKET LIST by Kimberly R. Thorn

Autumn Bucket List             

By: Kimberly R. Thorn

Write/Tell a ghost story

Attend a bonfire

Go star gazing

Listen to a fall romance novel audiobook

Go on a drive with someone to see the leaves changing

Enjoy a cup of hot apple cider

Make some pumpkin bread

Go bobbing for apples

Wear a Halloween costume of your favorite character

Read a fall mystery while cuddling with your pet under a cozy blanket, sipping some hot tea

Have a fall picnic on a blanket

Ride a hayride

Eat some hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream    

                         


Attend a fall festival

Try your luck in a corn maze

Take a romantic stroll through the fall leaves on a trail

Wear an ugly fall sweater

Listen to a ghost story someone tells in person, in the dark

Have a sing-along by a campfire

Attend/have a Halloween party

Have some fun at a fall carnival

Rake the leaves up into a pile then let your pet and/or kids jump into them.  Better yet, you jump in with them too

Sit near the water with some friends and family telling each other silly jokes.  The first one who laughs loses.  What is the loser to do?  Treat everyone to dessert?

Do your workout outside instead of indoors

Always keep a small gratitude journal with you.  Log in things you’re grateful for during this fall to remember later.

Read a classic novel outside while drinking hot coffee.

Get some naps in later in the morning or early afternoon

Take a day or weekend trip to someplace new to enjoy

Go pick some fresh apples at an apple orchard

Compliment someone you don’t know but see all the time somewhere

Tell someone who you know what you like, love or admire about them

Try reading something that you wouldn’t normally read.  A different author, or genre, maybe.

Join a book club or start your own

Attend an outdoor festival                                             

See a band play

Support local business

Try some new food or a new restaurant

Do something that gets you closer to obtaining a dream that you have.

Do something for someone else that puts them closer to their dream, if you can

Introduce yourself to someone new

Encourage/bless someone

Watch a scary movie with the lights out

Read a memoir or a nonfiction book while in bed

Have a fall cookout

Change your battery in your smoke detector when daylight savings time ends




8 comments:

Carol Marcolini said...

I may go ahead and have that mug of hot apple cider tonight. Maybe with a splash of honey whiskey! Love the post!

Penny Hutson said...

Great suggestions, but in southern California right now it still feels too much like summer in this heatwave. Low 90’s yesterday! Can’t wait to get back home to those cooler temps.

Jenna said...

Hot apple cider sounds really good as it gets cooler. I also want to bake pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, eat pumpkin butter on toast. And get my first Starbucks latte with pumpkin topping (the pumpkin flavoring has dairy, but the topping doesn't). Once I have my first latte with pumpkin, I know it's fall.

Yvonne Saxon said...

Loved the list! I do hope the weather remembers it’s supposed to change seasons next week!

Kim Thorn said...

Hi Carol. I hope you enjoy it. Have one for me!

Kim Thorn said...

Hi Penny. It’s not that cool
here yet so you’re not missing much yet!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenna! Yes I saw that Starbucks had the pumpkin flavors back too. I will
have my first one Saturday! I’m so excited!

Kim Thorn said...

Thanks Yvonne. I hope the weather knows to make it cooler next week too! We can hope at least!

Of Birthdays and Climate Change by Judy Fowler

  It's October, my birthday month. I'm leaving my early seventies behind this year, and if  the past five years have taught me any...